Friday, April 22, 2011

"Angels Among Us"

When Saul passed we received so much support and love from family and friends.  I remember every Friday while I was on maternity leave I met some friends at Starbucks.  It was their thing but the invite was extended.  I met a woman, in this group, that had lost a baby years before.  She was quiet about the past.  I remember seeing her other two children by her side and not understanding how life could blossom in such a way after going through something so trying.

I remember being told by my doctor at the time, the nurses, and other aquaintances that I was young; I will have more children.  Yes, that was true, but that is not what I wanted to hear at that time in my life.

My cousin lost a baby and joined a non-profit organization named "Angels Among Us" which is an infant loss support group located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  I read what the organization was about and contacted the owner to find out if there was a chapter in Austin.  She said no, and was very excited to hear from me.

We chatted the other night and I have decided to begin a chapter of the organization here in Austin and surrounding areas.  I am so excited.  Go to http://www.angelsamongusla.org/ to find out more about the organization.  I will let you all know when I have the chapter started here.

My long term plan is to open up a foundation in Saul's name for donations in order to assist families with financial help with bills, funeral costs, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.  God Bless.

~Saul's mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment